Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Tempura Veggies


When I was at the grocery store yesterday the asparagus and eggplant looked so delicious, I couldn't leave it.  However, I needed to do something to do with it.  Thus began my adventures in tempura-land.

After searching for a recipe, I settled on this one:  http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/cuisines/aroundtheworldin80dishes/japantempuravideo?currentvideo=34667202001
This makes a ton of batter, I ended up with a lot of extra and I used one bunch of asparagus and one medium sized eggplant.  I also  used peanut oil instead of vegetable oil, and that worked out fine.

For the dipping sauce I just threw together a bit of soy sauce, memi, and rice vinegar.  I think next time I will need to be sure to have some mirin on hand to make the sauce better and maybe go lighter on the soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment