Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Beginning

Welcome to the Veganary!

I began my vegan adventure on July 13, 2009, and since then, I have realized what a pain it is to be constantly asking restaurants, coffee shops, and pretty much anyplace else what they have that is vegan (often leading to an explanation of what being vegan is, why I'm vegan, etc). So, in an effort to help other vegans, I've decided to post my e-mail exchanges with chain restaurants, as well as the outcome of communication.

I also purchased some amazing cookbooks by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and company, so I will give updates on my cooking adventures with that. *once a camera is procured, pictures of food will be up as well* I purchased the Veganomicon, Vegan With A Vengance, and Vegan Cupcakes. So far, good things have come from this. Check out Isa and her yummy vegan treats at http://www.theppk.com/.

Some delicious finds from the store that I recommend are Tempt ice cream (any flavor) and veganaise (vegan mayo).

Items to avoid that I have come across are any cheese substitutes, cream cheese substitutes, and the generically named 'vegan topping'.

Back to studying for me, but watch for more updates on the good, bad, and the ugly in vegan food, as well as correspondence with chain restaurants.

Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment